12 – 16 November 2018
Once again we will be highlighting anti-bullying week in school from Monday 12 - Friday 16 November 2018. Every class will be learning all about kindness and friendship and why it's important to be kind to everyone.
It is importantant to understand what Bullying is and to do the right thing, even when no-one is looking.
Classes will be talking about the different types of bullying, how bullying makes them feel and how they can stop it.
Types of Bullying
There are three types of bullying:
- Verbal bullying is saying or writing mean things. Verbal bullying includes:
- Inappropriate sexual comments
- Threatening to cause harm
- Social bullying, sometimes referred to as relational bullying, involves hurting someone’s reputation or relationships. Social bullying includes:
- Leaving someone out on purpose
- Telling other children not to be friends with someone
- Spreading rumors about someone
- Embarrassing someone in public
- Physical bullying involves hurting a person’s body or possessions. Physical bullying includes:
- Taking or breaking someone’s things
- Making mean or rude hand gestures
Think about how you would feel!
Speak to a trusted adult if you are being bullied or see others being bullied. The adult will be able to comfort, support and give advice about what help is available.
GET HELP and SHOW KINDNESS
Classes will be sharing what they have been doing throughout the week via their class blogs.