This week Oak class have been very busy learning with their teachers in school and their mums and dads at home. Although we are not all in school, we have been able to see some of our friends on two Teams calls. On Monday's call Miss Curry read a very exciting story about Yoff, Zid and Mab (three…
As we say goodbye from Oak to Mrs Simpson and Miss Branfield we are also saying a big welcome to Mrs Baxendale and Miss Armstrong.
Miss Armstrong has previously worked at Astley Park but has been on maternity leave for the past year, she has welcomed a little girl called Jessa and is now…
This week in Oak class we have been exploring Islam and Sadaqah. We watched Miss Curry deliver an attention autism showing us the stars and the moon and listened as she told us we were going to be exploring a religion called Islam. We looked at how Muslims are very kind to each other and we talked…
This week Oak class have been working extremely hard to put our clip together for the schools Christmas Performance ‘Coronativity’. We’re very excited for our parents to see what we have done.
This week Oak Class have moved away from Little Mermaid and have moved to looking at Hansel and Gretel. This week:
- In My Communication we have explored a new sensory story, exploring the props to help our understanding. We have practiced our reading and writing skills through colourful…
This week everyone in school has been looking at challenging gender stereotypes. In Oak class we have been reading a book called ‘The Daddy Book’, a book which celebrates different kinds of dads and highlights the many reasons they are so special. We all really enjoyed talking about our dads And…
What another lovely week we have had in Oak Class looking at The little Mermaid. We have been very lucky that this week we have had two birthdays, Ellie and Noah’s. We’d all like to thank parents for the donations of sweets and cake which we all loved.
- In our My Creativity lessons we…
This week in Oak Class we have started our new story, The Little Mermaid.
- First we explored a sensory story which Miss Curry delivered, looking at the objects under the sea, discussing the emotions in the story and predicting what would happen next.
- In My Communication we have been…
Tags: Oak Class
This week Oak have been having lots of spooky fun for Halloween week.
Miss Curry read the five little pumpkins as a sensory story this week and we’ve done lot’s of nice activities.
* We made pumpkin plate faces and painted apples to make pumpkins on card.
* Made Witch faces by cutting out…
Last week Oak Class were doing lots of activities all about the Gingerbread man.
We did an attention autism and listened to Miss Curry read the story.
We counted the buttons on our gingerbread men, and then put our own smarties buttons on.
We even got to eat our Gingerbread man!
What another fantastic week in Oak Class. This week we have:
- Started our assessments and we are all working really hard to show our teachers what we can do.
- Enjoyed cakes as part of Macmillan coffee morning and engaged in an attention autism session decorating cakes.
- Continued to explore…
What a busy week we have had in Oak Class this week!
- We have explored different nursery rhymes with sensory props. We all enjoyed the currant bun splat because for our stage four activity we got to decorate our own currant buns.
- We have read a story and some of the children who have been…